In February of every year, AISF organises the Annual General Meeting of the association in Rome.
During the Annual General Meeting, leading Italian and international experts present new hypotheses, discuss topics of particular scientific interest, and exchange opinions on topics of considerable hepatological importance.
The Annual General Meeting includes:
- a one-day post-graduate refresher and training meeting;
- two or three days in which experts present some original works, lectio magistralis, lectures:
- a course for young Members;
The educational initiatives are rounded off by institutional events, such as:
- the annual general meeting of the Association Members;
- the presentation of the lifetime achievement award;
- the awarding of scholarships to young hepatologists to promote their research activities.